[Air-L] Apple Mac qualitative data analysis

Dr. David Berry D.M.Berry at swansea.ac.uk
Wed Feb 4 01:13:46 PST 2009

Hi

I recommend TAMS for Mac OS X for qualitative analysis. It doesn't
have the most advanced features of the proprietary versions such as
NVivo but it is free - and it is free software. It handles Text files
really well and can produce stats that can be outputted to Excel etc
for tables and graphs.

http://tamsys.sourceforge.net/

There is also a Linux version.

Best

David

> Hi all, does anyone have any experience with qualitative data analysis
> packages (think NVivo or Atlas.ti) for Mac? Everything I know of
> seems to be
> for PC only... any suggestions would be appreciated. :)
>
> Thanks!
> Andrea
>

> : Andrea Forte
> : PhD Candidate, Human-Centered Computing
> : Georgia Institute of Technology
> : http://www.cc.gatech.edu/~aforte

---

Dr. David M. Berry