[Air-L] project b e a m - m e - up :: THE NOWHERE DANCE

Charles Baldwin Charles.Baldwin at mail.wvu.edu
Sun Feb 8 21:09:16 PST 2009

PROJECT LAUNCH / a work in progress 2009/10

b e a m - m e - up ONLINE ART MAGAZIN
with art, field studies and essays about space.

http://www.beam-me.net

We invite you to THE NOWHERE DANCE

A performance at Alan Sondheim's Second Life exhibition "The
Accidental
Artist"

Alan Sondheim: "We'll teleport people into an installation which has
been
constructed over a period of eight months. It represents nothing of
architecture, fantasy, or surrealism; it's a space unlike anything in
the
real world. It's difficult to move through, a field of alien processes

which has a life of its own. Sandy Baldwin and I will dance through and

around it - on the ground, in the air, and on the ocean floor. Part of
the
dance will be based on learning to move around; part will be based on
adding to the clutter."

To access the performance site read more on:
http://www.beam-me.net/news

Date of the performance: Wednesday, Feb 11
USA West Coast Time: 8 AM / US East Coast Time: 11 AM
Europe MEZ/CET: 5 PM / GB: 4 PM
Asia: Mumbai, Bangalore: 9.30 PM / Shanghai, Beijing: 12 PM / Tokio: 1
AM

on the project b e a m - m e - up:

Our understanding of space is changing for generations. In the digital
age
we use terms like Cyberspace, Globalization and World Wide Web, even
though we have hardly understood the old electro-spaces like power
supply
systems, telephone and broadcasting. By means of audio-visual
transportation we conquer new spaces, which present themselves as both

picture space and space of action, place of signs and of real
presences.

With the online project beam me up we invite artists and authors from
different countries to concern themselves with space concepts in the
form
of art contributions and essays.

Artists (realised and promised contributions)

Angela Bulloch, London / Abhishek Hazra, Bangalore / Samuel Herzog,
Z*rich
/ Hu Jie Ming, Shanghai / Esther Hunziker, Basel / jodi.org, Dordrecht
/
Knowbotic Research, Z*rich / Agnes Meyer-Brandis, K*ln / Alan Sondheim,

New York / Monica Studer & Christoph van den Berg, Basel / Carlo Zanni,

Milano / Li Zhen Hua, Beijing / More artist's contributions will be
uploaded during the coming months.

Curators / Authors

Sarah Cook, Newcastle / Estee Oarsed, Bangalore / Stefan Riekeles, Les
Jardins des Pilotes, Berlin / Annette Schindler, Basel / Zhang
Lansheng,
Shanghai / NN. USA / Reinhard Storz, xcult.org (project director) /
The
guest curators are designated to each invite two to three artists and
authors.)

Other scientific authors: Martin Brauen, NY / Christina Vagt, Berlin