[Air-L] Virtual Ethnography and CyberAnthropology

scott at scottmacleod.com scott at scottmacleod.com
Thu Feb 5 14:57:31 PST 2009

Hi All,

Jenny Ryan has begun a Webnographer's Wiki:
http://www.webnographers.org/index.php?title=Main_Page

Here's the gist:

Webnographers: Resources for Virtual Ethnography

The Gist:

Cyberanthropology is but a fetal field, far from defined. This website was
developed in the interest of providing a central hub for those interested in
ethnographies of the internet. Created by and for webnographers, its success
in contingent on your participation.

Ethnography is not constrained solely to anthropologists, and indeed the
barriers that divide the various social sciences are at once arbitrary and
collapsible. Any individual interested in the complex social, cultural, and
psychological facets of humans relating with and through the internet is
encouraged to join in this nascent community. Webnographers unite!

PLEASE PARTICIPATE :)

Scott

http://scottmacleod.com