[Air-L] Using Wikis in Qualitative Research

Stuart Shulman stuart.shulman at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 04:46:38 PST 2009

While not quite what you are looking for, this page is perhaps a good
resource for anyone interested in the intersection of 'wikipedia' and
research, and the works cited by the authors of this growing list may
have clues for you:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Academic_Research_on_Wikipedia

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 9:54 PM, Mike Chapman <mcchapman at mac.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is anyone familiar with any publications that discuss using a wiki in
> qualitative research?  In other words, studies where the researcher actually
> used the wiki as a method to facilitate interaction between researcher and
> participants for whatever reason?  I have looked through qualitative
> research journals, the Journal of Computer-Mediated Communication, and New
> Media & Society but can't locate anything.
>
> I would think there has to be something out there but perhaps I'm looking in
> the wrong places?  Thanks in advance for any insight.
>
> Mike
> Mike Chapman
> Ph.D. Student
> Cultural Foundations, Technology, & Qualitative Inquiry
> School of Educational Policy & Leadership
> Ohio State University
> http://web.me.com/mcchapman

Dr. Stuart W. Shulman
Assistant Professor
Department of Political Science
University of Massachusetts Amherst
http://people.umass.edu/stu/
stu at polsci.umass.edu

Editor, Journal of Information Technology & Politics
http://www.jitp.net

Director, QDAP-UMass
http://people.umass.edu/stu/QDAP-UMass/

Associate Director, National Center for Digital Government
http://www.umass.edu/digitalcenter/