[Air-L] Using Wikis in Qualitative Research

Jeff Mascornick jjm4114 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 18 19:29:15 PST 2009

Mike,

Will you pass on what you find out to me please?

Jeff Mascornick, MA
Research Assistant
Center for Community Research & Service
School of Urban Affairs and Public Policy University of Delaware
jjm4114 at yahoo.com
(302)547-5952 (c)

Message: 3
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 21:54:00 -0500
From: Mike Chapman <mcchapman at mac.com>
Subject: [Air-L] Using Wikis in Qualitative Research
To: air-l at listserv.aoir.org

Hello,

Is anyone familiar with any publications that discuss using a wiki in
qualitative research?  In other words, studies where the researcher
actually used the wiki as a method to facilitate interaction between
researcher and participants for whatever reason?  I have looked
through qualitative research journals, the Journal of Computer-
Mediated Communication, and New Media & Society but can't locate
anything.

I would think there has to be something out there but perhaps I'm
looking in the wrong places?  Thanks in advance for any insight.

Mike
Mike Chapman
Ph.D. Student
Cultural Foundations, Technology, & Qualitative Inquiry
School of Educational Policy & Leadership
Ohio State University
http://web.me.com/mcchapman