[Air-L] the role of new media in reducing health care cost?

Monica Murero murero.monica at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 02:56:50 PST 2009

Further references on new media  and costs of health care, in different
context:

Monica Murero

The one-stop trial: does electronic referral and booking by the general
practitioner (GPs) to outpatient day case surgery reduce waiting time and
costs? A randomized controlled trial protocol.

Augestad KM, Revhaug A, Vonen B, Johnsen R, Lindsetmo RO.

BMC Surg. 2008 Aug 11;8:14. PMID: 18694477

Implementation of pharmacy services in a telemedicine intensive care unit.

Meidl TM, Woller TW, Iglar AM, Brierton DG.

Am J Health Syst Pharm. 2008 Aug 1;65(15):1464-9.

PMID: 18653818

Current status and future perspectives in telecare for elderly people
suffering from chronic diseases.

Botsis T, Hartvigsen G.

J Telemed Telecare. 2008;14(4):195-203. Review.

PMID: 18534954

Implementing a home telemonitoring program.

Canady LM.

Home Healthc Nurse. 2008 Apr;26(4):231-6.

PMID: 18408516

The contribution of teleconsultation and videoconferencing to diabetes care:
a systematic literature review.

Verhoeven F, van Gemert-Pijnen L, Dijkstra K, Nijland N, Seydel E,
Steehouder M.

J Med Internet Res. 2007 Dec 14;9(5):e37. Review.

PMID: 18093904

Cost-effectiveness of telemonitoring for high-risk pregnant women.

Buysse H, De Moor G, Van Maele G, Baert E, Thienpont G, Temmerman M.

Int J Med Inform. 2008 Jul;77(7):470-6. Epub 2007 Oct 17.

PMID: 17923433

Monica Murero