[Air-L] Intimacy and Virtual Worlds

Tyler M Pace xythian at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 17:25:24 PST 2009

Greetings,

My name is Tyler Pace and I am a researcher with the Indiana University
School of Informatics. My colleague, Shaowen Bardzell, and I would greatly
appreciate your time and participation in our survey investigating the
experience of intimacy in virtual worlds. You may participate in the survey
via the following link. The survey should take about 15-30 minutes to
complete.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=pPmM7g_2bdQSYreYaDMOzJ1A_3d_3d

As virtual worlds continue to grow in popularity as both locations of
personal enjoyment and professional conduct, it is increasingly important
for virtual world researchers and designers to better understand the
practices and experiences of virtual world users. Intimacy is one such topic
which is fundamental to human relationships but has received little to no
attention in virtual world research.  This survey aims to shed light on how
intimacy is constructed and experienced in virtual worlds.

If you have any questions regarding this study, please feel free to contact
us. Additionally, if you know of anyone who might be interested in
participating in this study, please feel free to pass this message along to
them.

Best,

Tyler Pace (tympace [at] indiana [dot] edu)

Shaowen Bardzell (selu [at] indiana [dot] edu)

Indiana University School of Informatics
http://informatics.indiana.edu/