[Air-L] virtual ethnography and cyber anthropology

laetitia le chatton laetitia.lechatton at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 06:36:30 PST 2009

Does the cyber anthroppology assumes a "network" of interactions? Because
cybernetic models (issued from WW2 and Coldwar) are based on the figure of
networks.
If it assumes such organisation, then cyber-anthropology fails to reevalute
the distinction between virtual and real: The virtual as a field *born on
this metaphor*...I thought on the contrary( according to the title) that
cyber antropology would me much more emphasizing the distinction
virtual/real before reading your mail!

Sincerely,
Laetitia