[Air-L] Most popular news sites worldwide

Dr. Rasha Abdulla rasha at aucegypt.edu
Tue Jan 13 11:52:06 PST 2009

Hi there,

Apologies for the late reply. I'm from Egypt and wanted to give you some
pointers to popular news sites. This is not based on empirical research (no
credible research on that exists as far as I know), but I'm working on a
report for the European Union with what we think are credible sites based on
Internet traffic, visits, comments, etc... These include:

Daily Star Egypt http://www.dailystaregypt.com/
Al Ahram Weekly  http://weekly.ahram.org.eg/
Al Jazeera http://www.aljazeera.net/portal and http://english.aljazeera.net/
Al Masry Al Youm http://www.almasry-alyoum.com/

If you're interested in informal publications or blogs, let me know.
Take care.
--
Rasha A. Abdulla, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor