[Air-L] out of luck re transcription?

Christian Nelson xianknelson at mac.com
Thu Jan 29 11:55:18 PST 2009

It's important to remember that transcription isn't necessary for every project. For instance, if coding is what you need to do, you can code tapes (using Transana or the like) rather than transcriptions. One thing I meant to mention about Transana and similar software is that it not only allows you to code tapes, but the codes are permanently linked to coded segments of your tape, so you can always go back and find examples for each code, etc.
--Christian Nelson