[Air-L] psychology and communication online

Dominik M. Rosenauer rosenauer at mac.com
Thu Jan 22 03:34:12 PST 2009

dear list!

most of the time I was a lurker on this list - I am sorry and I apologize,
although I really learned a lot from you!

today I have a question and would be happy if someone would bother to
reply:

I am planning to start some research for my PhD (again) concerning the
internet. My research aim would be to find differences (or not) in fMRI in
subjects who communicate online versus offline. Are there differences in
localisation, lateralisation, intensity and so forth. those findings then
should be the beginning of more research on the topic differences and
commonalities in communication from a psychological point of view, thus
beginning to produce a real original psychological theory of the internet.
Is there any research on this topic going on, any university department
currently working on it...?

I hope this makes sense to some of you and I am looking forward to your
input,

Dominik

Mag. Dominik M. Rosenauer

Klinischer und Gesundheitspsychologe