[Air-L] Ethical Concerns in online research

Charles Ess charles.ess at gmail.com
Sat Jan 24 06:33:49 PST 2009

> Being humble, Charles forgot to mention his excellent overview:
> Ess, C. (2007). Internet research ethics. In A. N. Joinson, K. Y. A.
> McKenna, T. Postmes & U.-D. Reips (Eds.), The Oxford handbook of
> Internet psychology (pp. 487-502). Oxford, UK: Oxford University
> Press.

(thanks for the charitable interpretation of my forgetfulness - smile)

I don't mean to encourage flagrant violation of copyright law - but I
discovered recently that someone has posted this article in PDF form:

<http://www.socialnetresearch.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/ess-chap31_inte
rnetresearchethics.pdf>

(thereby raising a new series of ethical issues and dilemmas ...)

cheers,
- c.