[Air-L] Publication quality

Daren Carroll Brabham daren.brabham at utah.edu
Sat Jan 3 15:29:28 PST 2009

I think it would be interesting to see a comprehensive list of both new media studies grad programs and journals, and/or a reputational ranking of new media studies grad programs and journals.  This would be not unlike what the National Communication Association has on their site, and it would be very helpful, especially since new media studies programs are housed in such varied places (e.g., information science, communication, psychology...).  A reputational ranking study could happen according to the method NCA used, perhaps...send some surveys out to listservs and so on and just get people to list what they think are the "10 best" journals or programs, for instance.  A difficult, politically-charged task, no doubt...but a needed one.  I'll help if I can, and if my graudate advisors (who read this listserv) give their blessing. :-)

db

---
Daren C. Brabham
Graduate Teaching Fellow