[Air-L] Ethical Concerns in online research

Jankowski nickjan at xs4all.nl
Sat Jan 24 23:57:22 PST 2009

Dear Alecea:

Although many people have already responded to your query with
valuable suggestions, here is one more to add to the list:

Jankowski, N. W., & Van Selm, M. (2007). Research ethics in a virtual
world: Guidelines and illustrations. In N. Carpentier, P.
Pruulmann-Vengerfeldt, K. Nordenstreng, M. Hartmann, P. Vihalemm, B.
Cammaerts, & H. Nieminen (Eds.),  Media technologies and democracy in
an enlarged Europe. The intellectual work of the 2007 European Media
and Communication Doctoral Summer School, pp. 275-284. Tartu: Tartu
University Press. Available at:
<http://www.researchingcommunication.eu/reco_book3.pdf>http://www.researchingcommunication.eu/reco_book3.pdf

The relevant chapter is embedded in the pdf file for the entire book,
available free at the above URL.

Nick Jankowski

At 00:49 24-1-2009, you wrote:

>Hey all,
>I am looking for some good readings that discuss issues surrounding
>ethical concerns in online research, particularly in qualitative
>research. Any suggestions?
>
>Alecea Standlee
>Syracuse University
>Department of Sociology

>http://www.aoir.org/
>

>--
>23-1-2009 18:54
>

>--
>23-1-2009 18:54

Nicholas W. Jankowski
Visiting Fellow
Virtual Knowledge Studio for the Humanities and Social Sciences
Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences
Cruquiusweg 31
1019 AT Amsterdam, NL
T: +3120 8500470
F: +3120 8500271