[Air-L] Transcription Software

Sisse Siggaard Jensen sisse at ruc.dk
Tue Jan 27 11:14:41 PST 2009

Hi,
Your quite right, Atlas-ti is not a transcription program; I've used
Atlas-ti for my research purposes and for my student,s and I also ran
courses on Atlas - I like the program, but is is a coding and not a
transcription program.

I do video-interviews, and the video coding facilities in Atlas are not
sufficient - at least they were not when I decided to change the system
in order to find another anlutical software program. Now I use ADVENE -
annotating digital video and exchange on the net.

I'm not familiar with any  transcription programs that will do immidiate
translations from voice to text but these are the ones that I will suggest:
Voice Walker:
http://www.linguistics.ucsb.edu/projects/transcription/tools.html
and
Transcription Buddy: