[Air-L] Publication quality

Jeremy Hunsinger jhuns at vt.edu
Sat Jan 3 01:22:18 PST 2009

I think you'll find that while this 'data' seems to have some relationship
to reputation, in the end, that is quite questionable if you compare that
data to people's relative reputations, only in some fields that have been
focusing on this data for a while, is there any relationship.

There has been quite a bit of misunderstanding about what journal rankings
and citation counts really mean.   i mentioned to Charles at 9.0 that I was
going to investigate putting togetther a working group that would 'lay it
out' for AoIR as an international and interdisciplinary group in a nice
short guide.  If others are interested drop me a note