[Air-L] Virtual sex -- from Second Life to online sites

Steve Jones sjones at uic.edu
Tue Jan 27 04:29:32 PST 2009

There are a few books in the Digital Formations series I edit for
Peter Lang that might be of interest, depending on the definition of
virtual sex and virtual pornography, and the focus of your interests,
and some that may be useful as a foundation even if not directly on
the topic, including Susanna Paasonen's "Figures of Fantasy: Internet,
Women and Cyberdiscourse," Consalvo's and Paasonen's "Women and
Everyday Uses of the Internet: Agency and Identity," O'Riordan's and
Phillips' "Queer Online," Waskul's "Net.SeXXX: Readings on Sex,
Pornography, and the Internet" and "Self-Games and Body-Play:
Personhood in Online Chat and Cybersex," and Senft's "Camgirls:
Celebrity and Community in the Age of Social Networks." I expect the
series to continue to publish books broadly on this topic, too.

Sj