[Air-L] looking for a collaborative real-time editor

Rik Hunter hunter.rik at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 13:21:08 PST 2009

Last time I used Google Docs for synchronous collaborative writing (this
past November) it no longer updated edits character-by-character;
rather, the screen auto-refreshed every few seconds to show changes.
This made editing a bit more wait-and-see than needed at the time.  I
believe Docs did character-by-character refreshing when first released.

I haven't used EtherPad yet, but it claims to refresh
character-by-character, if that's what you need.

Rik

Rik Hunter
Coordinator, Online Writing Center
PhD Candidate: Composition & Rhetoric