[Air-L] virtual ethnography

Jorgen Skageby jorsk at ida.liu.se
Thu Jan 29 02:02:39 PST 2009

Hello Laetitia (and others),

I could not agree more with Dr Markham regarding the anchoring of
(qualitative) virtual research in 'traditional' ethnography. During the
writing of my thesis I found "Qualitative Research Practice" edited by Clive
Seale, Jay Gubrium, Giampietro Gobo and David Silverman particularly useful
for getting a good overview, as well as detailed accounts, on current issues
and practices (the volume also includes an excellent chapter on the Internet
as Research Context by Dr Markham).

Cheers
Jörgen Skågeby, PhD
Information Systems and Media