[Air-L] Ethical Concerns in online research

Sarah Stewart sarahstewart07 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 15:54:56 PST 2009

Hi Alecea

I would be interested to hear what you learn. I am about to carry out a
small project to audit health professionals' blogs & Twitter streams against
a rubric of risk levels to see the risk of online communication to patient
privacy/confidentiality. I will look at the AOIR ethics guidelines, bit I am
keen to hear what others say about the ethical issues, including whether I
have to get Ethics/IRB consent.

Thank you, Sarah

On 1/24/09, Alecea Standlee <stan0504 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hey all,
> I am looking for some good readings that discuss issues surrounding ethical
> concerns in online research, particularly in qualitative research. Any
> suggestions?
>
> Alecea Standlee
> Syracuse University
> Department of Sociology