[Air-L] Ethical Concerns in online research

RBerkman at aol.com RBerkman at aol.com
Mon Jan 26 07:11:31 PST 2009

OK--I guess I can now ethically promote my own book (actually two), since the
question was asked on the list ;-)....

Check out: Digital Dilemmas: Ethical Issues for Online Media Professionals
(Blackwell, 2003)--focuses on journalistic ethical issues when working online...

Also: The Art of Strategic Listening: Finding Business Intelligence Via Blogs
and Social Media--(Paramount, 2008) has a full chapter on ethical issues when
doing qualitative research on the Web.

Hope these are helpful, and would be happy to respond to any questions on
this matter directly.

Robert Berkman
Associate Professor
Media Studies & Film