[Air-L] Transcription Software

Regonini, Suellen sregonin at cas.usf.edu
Tue Jan 27 16:07:50 PST 2009

Yes, ExpressScribe is great! I have the foot pedal unit (and several years medical transcription experience), so that was what I always used, and still keep as a backup. However, due to physical issues (RA), I have to baby my hands a lot more than in the past, so I'm looking for a more "hands off" way to do it.

For my dissertation, I'm planning on doing mostly video capture, and not so much transcription, but I do have some Skype interviews that I want to transcribe to be able to mark up and take quotes from, so I'll likely do the "listen - repeat to Dragon" method and see how it goes.

Suellen Rader Regonini, M.Ed.
Ph.D. Student, Applied Anthropology
University of South Florida
sregonin at cas.usf.edu