[Air-L] 'Human error' halts Google search

Alex Halavais alex at halavais.net
Sat Jan 31 19:45:40 PST 2009

I believe it was a pretty catastrophic outage. Students in my class
were amused by the coincidence; I started a course on search engines a
week back with reference to "When the Search Engine is Missing" (video
lecture here: http://alex.halavais.net/search-engine-society-lecture-1/).

I'm bummed by the hamstringing of human subjects restrictions. This
would have been a great opportunity to roll out an instant survey to
see what the effects of missing Google (even for a few hours) might
have been. But my guess is that ship has pretty much already sailed.

- Alex

//
// This email is
// [X] assumed public and may be blogged / forwarded.
// [ ] assumed to be private, please ask before redistributing.
//
// Alexander C. Halavais, ciberflâneur
// http://alex.halavais.net
//