[Air-L] CFP: Journal of Media Practice
linakhatib at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 22 06:01:10 PDT 2009
Journal of Media Practice
ISSN: 14682753Published by Intellect
Editor: Lina Khatib, Royal Holloway, University of London
Call for submissions
The Journal of Media Practice is an international forum for debate on media practice, both within and outside of academia. The Journal is looking for contributions from colleagues involved in media practice around the world, whether as teachers or practitioners.
The Journal invites international contributions reflecting on the media practice landscape, addressing television, radio, video art, documentary, film, screenwriting, the internet, the press, or any other form of print, audio, visual or audiovisual media.
Submissions on policy, “industry” (or sites of practice), creative practice, aesthetics, pedagogy and critiques of the range of what can be called media” are welcome.
In addition to academic articles, the Journal encourages the submission of:
- Visual essays (images accompanied by text)
- Interviews with key media personnel and artists
- Reflections by media practitioners on their own practice (whether within institutions or as independent practitioners)
- Reviews of exhibitions and other media events and of books
- Critical pieces about changes in technology, content and delivery of media products and tools, or the work of media institutions around the world
Articles should be 5000 words, reviews 500-1000 words, and critical pieces and reflections between 1000-3000 words. The Editor is happy to discuss other possibilities with potential contributors.
All submissions are subject to peer review. Please send all submissions to jmp at rhul.ac.uk.
Informal queries can be sent to the Editor Lina Khatib: lina.khatib at rhul.ac.uk
More information about the Air-L