[Air-L] Trivial tweeting

RBerkman at aol.com RBerkman at aol.com
Thu Jul 2 06:30:00 PDT 2009

Have you read the various discussions and articles on the concept and
desire for "ambient awareness"--the desire to develop a kind of sixth sense
about what our friends and colleagues are doing/thinking/observing, so in a
sense we feel more connected to them? So, just like you might be chatting on
the  phone with a friend or relative and say you've just had a delicious Thai
chicken  sandwich as a way to share something trivial, but still socially
bonding, the  same can be done over your Twitter followers, writ large...

Robert Berkman
Associate Professor
Media Studies & Film
The New School