[Air-L] Attention and new media

Greg Wise Greg.Wise at asu.edu
Sat Jul 4 15:59:10 PDT 2009

Hi folks,
Does anyone know of work that has been done specifically on questions of attention (and focus/engagement/distraction/perception) and mobile media and/or ambient computing? There have been more popular books (like Maggie Jackson's Distracted and Winifred Gallagher's Rapt), but I'm wondering if there are key pieces of research out there that I should be sure not to miss (in HCI, pervasive computing, psychology, communication, or other fields).

Off list responses fine.

Greg

Dr. J. Macgregor Wise
Associate Professor
Communication Studies
Arizona State University
4701 West Thunderbird Road
Glendale, AZ 85306-4908
(602) 543 6646; (602) 543 6612 (fax)

Editor, Communication and Critical/Cultural Studies

Author of Cultural Globalization: A User's Guide (2008, Blackwell)