[Air-L] web sites after death

Mariana Matos marianasantiagodematos at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 06:49:23 PDT 2009

Hi Anne and all,

I agree with you that there are many generations in the web, and I think
that it's something that must be considered. I also believe that the age
explains the different experiences that you and Anna described.

>From what I've been observing, I must say that people behave completely
different in Orkut according to the deceased person's age. I've witnessed
profiles of people who were around 40 or more when they died. Although their
death was sudden, the commotion was fully different from the one that
usuallyt happens with younger ones. The profile of the older still received
messages for a while, but then people stopped writing. There are one or
another who keep writing, but they're few. When the profile's owner was
young, even after 3 or more years since the death, people keep writing
often, and always in such an emotional way.

Best
Mariana