[Air-L] Free Culture <FAIL > Research Workshop 2009

Mary Bryson mary.bryson at ubc.ca
Thu Jul 16 19:17:29 PDT 2009

Take a look at the lack of inclusion of women (FreeCultureFail) on the
Organizing and Academic Program Committees for this event.

http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/node/5486

There are 12 people on the former and 28 people on the latter. According to
the person from the Free Culture Research Workshop group that I contacted:

"Based on my count, there are 4 women in all on both Committees, with
<Person X> serving on both the organizing and academic committees.

The other 3 women serve in the academic committee..."

4 women out of 40 people. One woman on the Organizing Committee. That's some
kind of "free culture". Free Culture Fail, as far as I can tell. Maybe there
is a story here. Or not.

Mary
--
Dr. Mary K. Bryson, Professor and Director, Network of Centers and
Institutes in Education (NCIE) & Center for Cross-Faculty Inquiry (CCFI),