[Air-L] Systems Officer

Alex Halavais alex at halavais.net
Tue Jul 7 16:28:34 PDT 2009

Hello, all,

I will also renew a call for a Systems Officer. This is an appointed
member of the Executive, free from the meddling influence of lobbyists
and special interests that are a part of "politics as usual." Or
something. Oh, and it's been me for the last few years, and Jeremy
Hunsinger for the many years before that.

So, here's a little bit about what I do. Mostly, I try to make sure
the website is working, things get backed up, new systems are
implemented, and generally respond to the needs of the executive and
the membership. Oh, and if you've ever emailed "help at aoir.org" that's
me--so I guess I am the point of contact that makes sure that emails
get to the right place.

If you would like to take this on, you should have *some* technical
abilities. That is, FTP should not scare you, and you maybe have built
or maintained a website before. If you are able to do that, and you
are willing to learn while on the job, I think you'll be fine. (If you
have a bit of experience administering Wordpress and Drupal, and maybe
are OK with dealing with MySQL, even better!)

Of course, you also should be ready and willing to help with the
overall governance of the Association and participate in the
activities of the Executive Committee.

If you are interested, please drop an email to Sabryna
(sabrynac at niu.edu) or to me (help at aoir.org). If you aren't sure if you
are interested, talk to me, and I'll try to convince you that you are.

Best,

Alex

--
//