[Air-L] THWONK: Re-inventing email lists

Gavin Baker gavin at gavinbaker.com
Wed Jul 1 06:04:31 PDT 2009

Mike Bennett wrote:
[...]
> With THWONK you can create an e-list where message length is limited to
> 140 characters, or only allow people to contribute so many words to a
> mailing list per week, or force people to contribute otherwise they are
> automatically unsubscribed, or enable distributed moderation, or perform
> realtime analysis of message content with stats generation, etc.

I'm reminded, as one possibility, of the ROBOT9000 experiment by XKCD,
which prevent chat room users from posting a message exactly identical
to one ever posted before (such as "yeah", "LOL", etc.) :

http://blag.xkcd.com/2008/01/14/robot9000-and-xkcd-signal-attacking-noise-in-chat/

--
Gavin Baker
http://www.gavinbaker.com/
gavin at gavinbaker.com

You will marry the first person who tells you your eyes are like
scrambled eggs.
    Frank O'Hara