[Air-L] The Internet and Politics: Key Readings

William Dutton william.dutton at oii.ox.ac.uk
Tue Jul 21 06:47:14 PDT 2009

Dear AoIR Colleagues,

I have agreed to edit a 4 volume set that will reprint journal articles and
book chapters that are core to the study of the Internet and politics. In a
very open-ended fashion, I would be very grateful for your nominations of
work that should be included in such a set. I plan to include work that
predates the Internet as we know it today, which has helped to shape and
inform academic perspectives on the political role of computing and
telecommunications, but also be as contemporary as book publishing allows.
Here is an opportunity to assembly the key works in an increasingly
significant area, so please do take the time to provide me with your
recommendations. I will acknowledge those who provide me with their
considered views on this, as it will be important for the field to get this
list as strong as possible.

Many thanks in advance. It might be best to reply only to me, but whatever
you think best for fostering thoughtful nominations.

Regards,

Bill

Professor William H. Dutton, Director

Oxford Internet Institute