[Air-L] Trivial tweeting

Ren Reynolds ren at aldermangroup.com
Mon Jul 13 01:12:48 PDT 2009

I think we are underplaying the range of uses of Twitter by both
individuals and organizations.

A few that we have not touched on here are (all of which generally lay
out side the domain of day to day one to many tweeting):

Group conversation
- groups of individuals that use twitter as an asynchronous chat client
- tag based topic / event chat

Public Relations
- Press releases
- Individuals twittering (like blogging) from an official position
- 'Information' tweets
- - Tower Bridge
- - Satellites

Games
- SpyMaster

Geek Play
- 'Toaster on twitter' etc

Political / Performative
- Historical Diaries
- Tweets in Character (ARG's etc)
- Straight out politics

Utility
- "I'm at Bar X"
- "I've reached home" (Implies had not been kidnapped)

Ren
--8<--

web: www.renreynolds.com

Think Tank: www.virtualpolicy.net

blog: terranova.blogs.com

m (UK): +44(0) 7778 285 273

m (US, only when I’m there): +1 646-417-0641

Skype: RenZephyr

Twitter:
twitter.com/RenZephyr

Facebook: www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=734676997

Linked-in: www.linkedin.com/in/renreynolds

aim | bebo | club penguin | cyworld | del.icio.us | EvE | gax | gia |
habbo (UK) | iLike | jaiku | last.fm | LOTR (EU: Laurelin) |
MapelStory | pownce | profilactic | rupture | skype | secondlife |
there.com | tumblr. | twitter | upcoming | wacoopa | XBox Live:
RenZephyr

facebook | flickr | MySpace | openID | plaxo: Ren Reynolds

WoW (US Ettrig):
Cabot

Moshi Monster: www.moshimonsters.com/monsters/renreynolds

dopplr: www.dopplr.com/traveller/RenReynolds