[Air-L] research on older people's use of social networking sites

Fred Stutzman fred at fredstutzman.com
Tue Jul 28 13:44:33 PDT 2009

Sorry for the late response, was on vacation last week.

Ulrike Pfeil has been productive in this area:

Pfeil, U., Zaphiris, P., and Wilson, S.  (2009).  Older Adults'
Perceptions and Experiences of Online Social Support.  Interacting
with Computers.

Pfeil, U. and Zaphiris, P.  (2009).  Investigating social network
patterns within an empathic online community for older people.
Computers in Human Behavior, 25(5), 1139-1155.

Pfeil, U., Arjan, R., and Zaphiris, P.  (2008).  Age differences in
online social networking - A study of user profiles and the social
capital divide among teenagers and older users in MySpace.  Computers
in Human Behavior.