[Air-L] Updates on AoIR 10

Elizabeth A Buchanan eliz1679 at uwm.edu
Wed Jun 10 11:35:33 PDT 2009

Dear Colleagues,

Just a few brief items:

** Registration will be opening shortly. You can plan for the conference fees to remain essentially the same as last year's.

** There are a number of exciting pre-conferences on Wednesday the 7 October. Here are the titles, noting that descriptions, fees, etc will be posted with registration.

1. Engaging Multidisciplinarity in Sociotechnical Internet Research: A hands-on workshop

2. Critical Issues and Perspectives in Internet Research Methods and Ethics

3. Mobile Communication In Developing Nations

4. AoIR Doctoral Colloquium

5. Innovative education online: Ideas for the future of learning and the Internet

6. Critical Internet Theory

7. Learning and Research in Second Life workshop

** There will be receptions on Thursday and Friday evenings:

Thursday's sponsored by the University of Washington I-School, Center for Information and Society, and Department of Communication;

Friday's sponsored by the Oxford Internet Institute.

** If there is sufficient interest, there will be brewery tours on Wednesday afternoon.

** Saturday's blow-out banquet will be at the Harley-Davidson Museum, be sure to register for this, as it is NOT INCLUDED in your registration fees.

** As noted in a previous message if you need the conference rate for any surrounding dates, please let me know and I can assist you.

** There are no formal sessions planned for Sunday.

Things are moving along smoothly, and the line-up of speakers is fantastic. We are looking forward to welcoming you to Milwaukee in October. Please continue to check http://ir10.aoir.org/ for updates, and of course, contact me with any questions.

Best,

e.

Elizabeth Buchanan, Ph.D.
Director, Center for Information Policy Research
School of Information Studies
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee