[Air-L] E-Conference on Social Media in Public Life interest survey

Steven Clift slc at publicus.net
Wed Jun 10 15:04:34 PDT 2009

Greetings,

I'd love to get your input on whether you'd be interested in participating
or presenting at an "e-conference" on Social Media in Public Life with an
emphasis on community service.

The quick survey is here:

     http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=QSYia1RDJnulTuMZBIr_2bYg_3d_3d

We also ask about follow-up in-person community service "unconferences."

Context:

E-Democracy.Org, a volunteer-based community service and civic engagement
organization, with local online "Issues Forums" across 15 local communities,
is considering putting in a bid to become one of the Corporation for
National and Community Service's national training providers. We've done
webinars - http://e-democracy.org/webinars - helped with unconferences -
http://e-democracy.org/unconf - and over the last 15 years I've spoken/lead
seminars across 27 countries on using the Internet in civic engagement -
http://stevenclift.com - ... so submitting (or joining a bid) to bring
social media training online is a good fit. We also fairly uniquely deliver
community service using volunteers via the Internet itself and most recently
in the low income/high immigrant/diverse neighborhoods of the Twin Cities -
http://blog.e-democracy.org/posts/172

We are more interested in "collabortition" than competition, so we've taken
an open source approach with our drafting. Details and links to the call and
an online group you can join to participate in our potential bid are all
available from:

     http://pages.e-democracy.org/Social_media_in_community_service

Please pass this on to those you think might be interested in attending or
presenting (our bulk of our budget suggests 30 paid e-presenters paid for 10
days of work with a laundry list of duties and deliverables released under
the creative commons).

Sincerely,
Steven Clift
E-Democracy.Org