[Air-L] Tracking Iranian protests / blogs

Bernie Hogan bernie.hogan at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 14:41:47 PDT 2009

Hi everyone,

I'm sure someone would be posting on this - so why not get the ball
rolling: The election seems to have been stolen, protests are
massive,disinformation abounds, and the country plans a massive strike
on Tuesday. Iran is one of the most well connected countries in the
blogosphere, as far as I know and CNN got twitter-bombed by Iranians,
and there was a mysterious communications blackout on the day of the
election.

I highly suspect that the present Iranian government is doing
everything in their power to limit the communication power of the
dissident citizens. But I also suspect that it won't be enough - that
merely having the network which binds people together taken away from
them will incite further protests and civil disobedience.

So - what to make of it all? Thoughts from anyone? (John Kelly - can
you back me up on the Iranian blogosphere, or am I just reciting a
myth?)

Take care,
BERNiE