[Air-L] [New book] Ethics in Cyberspace

Thomas Ploug ploug at hum.aau.dk
Wed Jun 10 13:50:55 PDT 2009

Dear all

Please allow me to announce my book most recently made available by
Springer (Dordrecht Heidelberg London New York):

ETHICS IN CYBERSPACE - HOW CYBERSPACE MAY INFLUENCE INTERPERSONAL
INTERACTION

Ethics in Cyberspace focuses on the consequences for ethical agency of
mediating interaction by means of computers, seeking to clarify how
the conditions of certain kinds of interaction in cyberspace (for
example, in chat-rooms and virtual worlds) differ from the conditions
of interaction face-to-face and how these differences may come to
affect the behaviour of interacting agents in terms of ethics.

▶ Addresses issues of life on the net
▶ Advances original views as to key determinants of life on the net
▶ Examines the ethical consequences of interacting on the net rather
than face-to-face
▶ Applies advanced philosophical analysis in the study of life on the
net

More info on  http://springer.com/978-90-481-2369-8

Table of contents may be found at http://www.springer.com/computer/general/book/978-90-481-2369-8?detailsPage=toc

Best regards,

Thomas Ploug, Ph.D.
Department of Communication
Copenhagen Institute of Technology, AAUK

T +45 99 40 25 33
M +45 40 54 38 51
E ploug at hum.aau.dk
W http://www.thomasploug.dk

AAUK · Lautrupvang 2B · DK-2750 Ballerup · Denmark · Tel. 99 40 99
40 · www.aauk.dk