[Air-L] Internet User Research

Roser Beneito Montagut rbeneito at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 01:25:34 PDT 2009

Hi John,

I am also conducting a research based on a user-centered approach and it
inquires the internet on the everyday life. At the moment it has a small
sample as well -in my case they are frequent users. I have struggled with
the sample problem with a theoretical sample. I guess that I will have
problems with this kind of methodology but currently I am more concerned
with an exploratory research than with another one with generalization
capacity.

Another issue that I would like to highlight is the hardness of this
approach, it is very time consuming, and it generates a huge amount of data,
well perhaps it is due to the fact of frequent users.   I also have combined
online and offline techniques.

Thanks Ronald for the papers,

Roser Beneito-Montagut
School of Computing, Multimedia and Telecommunications
UOC (Open University of Catalonia)

>>> http://www.openfuture.co.nz/
>>> http://openfuture-network.ryze.com/