[Air-L] Death/Migration of an online community

John Postill jpostill at usa.net
Thu Jun 4 01:31:42 PDT 2009

Hi Ruth

The anthropologist Alexander Knorr (Munich) has done such work among game
modders.

There's also an interesting case study from Jonathan Skinner (Queen's Uni
Belfast) about Montserrat residents who had to evacuate the island following a
volcanic eruption and regrouped online, see
http://www.media-anthropology.net/skinner_evergreen.pdf

John

Dr John Postill
C3 Research Institute (C3RI)