[Air-L] PTS For "The Future Of Research And Scholarship: Open / Semantic / Social / Mobile" | Ireland | June 2009 | Presentations

McKiernan, Gerard [LIB] gerrymck at iastate.edu
Mon Jun 22 11:32:12 PDT 2009

Colleagues

I am pleased to announce the availability of my presentations that were recently given in Ireland earlier this month:

The Paradigms They Are A-Changin' > The Future Of Research And Scholarship: Open / Semantic / Social / Mobile

There are four major themes that are and will become the context and framework of research and scholarship in the 21st Century: Open / Semantic / Social / Mobile:

Open >

Open Access / Open Data / Open Peer Review / Open Research

Semantic >

Audio / Interactivity / Supplemental Content / Video

Social >

Science Blogging / Social Bookmarking / Social Networking / Social Software

Mobile >

Mobile Access / Mobile Content / Mobile Data / Mobile Research

In scheduled presentation(s), we will briefly profile select developments related to these major themes and speculate on their potential evolution and impact on research and scholarship in the coming decade(s).

I would like to publicly thank the following individuals/organizations for their support, generosity, and hospitality during our Magical Visit To Ireland

National Library Of Ireland, Dublin

Joanna Finegan / Assistant Keeper / Education & Outreach / National Library of Ireland, Dublin

Sarah Shiel / Executive Education Assistant / Education & Outreach / National Library of Ireland, Dublin

National University of Ireland, Galway

John Cox / Acting Librarian / James Hardiman Library /National University of Ireland, Galway

Niall McSweeney / Head of Information / James Hardiman Library / National University of Ireland, Galway

University College Cork, Cork

Crónán Ó Doibhlin /Sub-Librarian / Special Collections, Archives & Repository Services / George Boole Library / University College Cork

Stephen Yearl / Library Digital Projects Officer / George Boole Library / University College Cork

Ionad Bairre / University College Cork

University of Limerick, Limerick

Mícheál Ó hAodha / Librarian, Science & Engineering (CSIS, ECE, MAE, MOE) / Lewis L. Glucksman Library / University of Limerick

Brian Fitzgerald / Vice-President Research / Frederick A Krehbiel II Chair in Innovation in Global Business & Technology/ University of Limerick

Institute for the Study of Knowledge in Society / University of Limerick

Iowa State University Library

Travel and Research Funds Committee

All Presentation Are Accessible From

[ http://tinyurl.com/pwp8nf  ]

Happy Monday !

/Gerry

Gerry McKiernan

Associate Professor

Science and Technology Librarian

Iowa State University Library

Ames IA 50011

gerrymck at iastate.edu

There Are No Answers, Only Solutions / Old Irish Saying