[Air-L] Volunteering at AoIR 10.0: Part 2

hviz0002 at umn.edu hviz0002 at umn.edu
Sat Mar 21 12:21:13 PDT 2009

Hello all,

As I have received a number of inquiries regarding volunteering at the
annual conference this year, I figured I should clear a couple of things up
(this is my first year doing something like this – live and learn, right?):

-We don’t yet know about volunteer benefits/perks/conference fee
reductions; this is still being discussed and the details worked out. Of
course, I will post our decision once this is finalized. But come on, don’t
you want to volunteer REGARDLESS of the perks? For fun? Out of the goodness
of your own hearts? And so on and so on

-This was just an initial call to gauge interest, let you all know about
this upcoming opportunity so you can start thinking about it, and etc. Of
course, I’m keeping a list of those that have responded thus far to alert
them to when we will officially be signing people up; I will then let
everyone else on the list know when this is available.

But please, if you have any initial interest – no commitment! – please let
me know so that we can begin to figure out approximately the number of
volunteers we will have available, what areas we will need help in, and so
on.

Thanks everyone!!

Erin Hvizdak
ehvidak at uwm.edu