[Air-L] Rethinking Promotion and Tenure Criteria in the Digital Age

gonzalez at ischool.utexas.edu gonzalez at ischool.utexas.edu
Sat Mar 28 14:46:52 PDT 2009

Stu,
And just what do you mean by "library-centric scholars" and "actual
librarians" ?

Please forgive me for bursting your stereotype, but we--librarians and
LIS faculty--face the same brick walls of institutional rejection of
our creative works, community and digital projects in consideration
for tenure and promotion.

If you look closely, you will see that resistance to expansive
scholarship lies elsewhere.

--
Maria E. Gonzalez, PhD
Assistant Professor