[Air-L] Models For Mobile (Library) Instruction? || __Epocrates MobileCME__ / _Mobile Interactive Guide-

McKiernan, Gerard [LIB] gerrymck at iastate.edu
Mon May 4 10:48:45 PDT 2009

Colleagues/

Are These The Models For The Future Of (Library) Instruction  ... ///

As a result of further Googling, I have identified two major
implementations that relate directly to my recent query concerning
Interactive Mobile Tutorials

[ http://tinyurl.com/c58qos ]

[I] __Epocrates MobileCME__

Free On-The-Go Learning Center For Mobile Devices /

Learn and earn CME/CE credits on the go! /Courses available across
multiple specialties / Learn from esteemed faculties / Complete a course
in as little as 15 minutes! / New courses added frequently

[snip]

>>>Fast

Our unique learning format, which includes concise articles and
Multiple-Choice Questions, is designed to enable busy healthcare
professionals to do a complete CME activity on their mobile device in as
little as 15 minutes.

>>>How Does It Work?

Add MobileCME to your Epocrates application for free.

Launch MobileCME from your "my" tab and select your preferred specialty
areas.

Sync to receive CME programs in your chosen specialties.

Select an activity and view credit statement, faculty information, and
learning objectives for the program before you start.

Read the article and then answer multiple-choice questions (if you
answer incorrectly, you may view the relevant article section and try
again).

Sync to send your completed program information to Epocrates.

Receive your certificate by email.

Sample screen shot, appropriate links, and more information available at

[ http://tinyurl.com/db2lt3  ]

[II] __iPhone/iTouch Support For Mobile Interactive Guide__

Press Release / April, 2009 / Ottawa

Flick Software today announces the availability of its leading mobile
interactive guide software for the highly popular iPhone platform.
[snip]

[Mobile Interactive Guide ... offers the advanced capabilities necessary
to evolve your visitor experience beyond simply informing into
moment-to-moment interactive learning. Modular deployment options,
extensive multimedia file format support, and Flick Software's central
content architecture engine provides unsurpassed flexibility and easy
content management]

Appropriate links and additional information available at

[ http://tinyurl.com/cbe4y5  ]

Happy Monday !

/Gerry

Gerry McKiernan

Associate Professor

Science and Technology Librarian

Iowa State University Library

Ames IA 50011

gerrymck at iastate.edu

There is Nothing More Powerful Than An Idea Whose Time Has Come /

Victor Hugo

[ http://www.blogger.com/profile/09093368136660604490 ]

Iowa: Where the Tall Corn Flows and the (North)West Wind Blows

[ http://alternativeenergyblogs.blogspot.com/ ]