[Air-L] Can I link YouTube clips on my course's Blackboard site?

reuven shlozberg fzusher at warpmail.net
Sun May 10 17:32:07 PDT 2009

Delurking for a couple of quick questions that 'the authoroties' can't
seem to to give me an authoritative answer to ...

I am starting to teach my first course at the University of Toronto,
where Blackboard is used. I would like to link YouTube clips relevant to
my lectures (the course is on US Politics) on my Blackboard course site.
Would I be in contravention of copyright laws if I did that? Does it
make a difference whether the clips are news items, political
speeches/news conferences, or music/movie clips?

Thanks for any help,

Reuven Shlozberg
PhD Candidate
Political Science