[Air-L] Change of default reply setting on air-l

anna nacher nytuan at ceti.pl
Mon May 11 14:24:42 PDT 2009

> If the old norm of the AoIR list was that a replied-to message went to
> the entire list, then the expectation for the list was that
> interactions
> on the list were, by default, public. The norm then for communication
> through this list was that it was public communication.
I'm the newcomer here (and lurker for most of the time) but I can only
second the opinions expressed in favor of the old arrangement. Isn't
the public character of this list the very reason why we joined in a
first place? Well, at least in my case, I guess.
The list is for me is the ongoing source of inspiration, like many
others I also learnt a lot from just reading some threads and watching
people exchanging their comments.
Switching to the new mode, which at the same time means major shift in
the communication paradigm (I agree with this argument too), would be
really disappointing.

dr Anna Nacher
Institute of Audiovisual Arts
Jagiellonian University