[Air-L] and now for something also not about the switch! (Freire/Boal and the Internet)

Katherine Mancuso kmancuso at gmail.com
Wed May 13 09:20:37 PDT 2009

Hi everyone,

Anyone know any good works they would recommend applying Freire and Boal &
the Theatre of the Oppressed to work in online communities, frameworks for
applying them to technology, etc?  I'm also interested in applications of
other participatory theatre and community art methodologies focused on
social justice in this arena.

I found this essay though I have yet to get a copy of it (aah, interlibrary
loan):
Community-based software, participatory theater: models for inviting
participation in learning and artistic production / Susan Claire Warshauer
Virtual publics: policy and community in an electronic age.  Beth E Kolko.
Columbia UP 2003
http://books.google.com/books?id=cJt5MHLeHikC
Still I present it as the parts I can read in Google Books appear to be an
example of the exact kind of work I am interested in.

thanks,
Katherine

Katherine Mancuso: crusader of community art, social technology, &
disability

Research:
Center for Assistive Technology & Environmental Access (http://www.catea.org
)
Georgia Tech, Digital Media (http://dm.gatech.edu)

Community:
The Vesuvius Group: metaverse community builders (
http://www.thevesuviusgroup.com)
Gimp Girl Community Liaison (http://www.gimpgirl.com)
Second Life Nonprofit Commons (http://secondlife.techsoup.org/)
Alternate ROOTS: arts*community*activism (http://www.alternateroots.org)

Contact in the web, the metaverse, the world:
http://twitter.com/musingvirtual
http://muse.dreamwidth.org
http://www.linkedin.com/in/kathymancuso
SL: Muse Carmona