[Air-L] Postdoctoral fellowship in China's media and communications at the University of Technology, Sydney

Elaine Lally E.Lally at uws.edu.au
Tue May 12 20:51:21 PDT 2009

POST DOCTORAL RESEARCH FELLOW
UTS CHINA RESEARCH CENTRE

The China Research Centre at UTS is Australia’s most productive and dynamic unit researching social and cultural change in China. Building on our history in promoting studies of Provincial China, we now expand our focus to explore the key issues of China’s media and communications in the twenty-first century:

• Internet and cyberculture studies
• Digital media and online journalism
• Computer-mediated communication

We are currently assembling an accomplished team of researchers to examine how China faces challenges in this area. In addition to making a number of strategic senior appointments, we invite applications for a 5-year Postdoctoral Fellowship.

The Centre has an excellent reputation for collaborative research leadership in China Studies, including the ARC Asia Pacific Futures Research Network and the annual Provincial China Symposia.

The Centre takes a collaborative approach to research that recognizes the need to disaggregate social and cultural change in China by locality, class and gender. Centre staff work regularly together on collective projects, publications and symposia.

This is an opportunity for the best and brightest early career researcher to work on issues of contemporary media and communication from a China focus.

The successful candidate will initially be appointed at Lecturer Level B, Step 1. The salary as at May 2009 is AUD 73,149.

Salary range: $73,149 to $86,846 pa. The University offers salary packaging plus attractive superannuation.

Application procedure:
To obtain the Postdoctoral Research Fellow guidelines and instructions for applicants click on the additional information link below.

Please include details of three referees in your CV.

To send through your application please click on the link below.

If you require further information on the position contact Claire Moore by email at Claire.Moore at uts.edu.au, or by telephone on +61 2 9514 1591.

Closing Date: Friday 31 July 2009

Ref No. R230509
Location:       Sydney