[Air-L] Web Studies instruction

Gordon E Murray gemurray at wichita.edu
Mon May 4 09:47:52 PDT 2009

Hello air-l!

This is my first post, so please bear with me if it's not perfect.  I checked the archives and couldn't find my question answered previously, so here it goes:

I am a part-time grad student in the communications field at Wichita State University in Wichita, Kansas.  I've started to have a strong interest in incorporating the study of the culture and uses of the web and web media in my degree, however, there doesn't seem to be much coursework here nor available for online study programs, by which I mean distance learning programs for credit.  My degree adviser has given me free rein to locate accredited classes, but so far I've found very little.  I am aware of Dr Baym's courses at the University of Kansas, as well as a few others a bit farther away, but want to be sure there is nothing closer or online before my wife and I begin considering a relocation for me to continue my studies.  I realize that this field is just getting off the ground in many ways, and so schools are scrambling to catch up, but I'm really hoping to hear of some more options to consider.

Thanks!

Gordon Murray
gemurray at wichita.edu