[Air-L] More on the change

Lois Ann Scheidt lscheidt at umail.iu.edu
Mon May 11 20:43:53 PDT 2009

Gil, I agree with your logic in general but have one question...why change
everyone's practices to protect us from some theoretical harm that has not
occurred in the history of the organization? Yes emails are misdirected to
the whole list...I've done it too on occasion, but how many of those emails
arrive during the course of a day/week/month/year? My sense is not all that
many. On some level it seems odd to me that an organization for people who
should be at least minimally technically savvy is taking a somewhat extreme
paternalistic stance to protect us from ourselves.

Lois Ann Scheidt
Doctoral Student - School of Library and Information Science, Indiana
University, Bloomington IN USA
Webpage:  http://www.loisscheidt.com
CV:  http://www.loisscheidt.com/cv.html
Blog:  http://www.professional-lurker.com