[Air-L] Priorities and Probabilities re: the big switch debate

Christian Nelson xianknelson at mac.com
Tue May 12 10:55:25 PDT 2009

A few things:
1. It is probably true that mostly Internet unsavvy people are likely
to accidentally send a personal note to the list.
2. I was such an unsavvy person many moons ago, and accidentally sent
a personal reply to an email list that probably would have landed me
in court. Though that would have happened less due to the content of
my note as to the litigiousness of the person I snarkily referred to
in my note, the effect would have been no less unpleasant. Luckily,
the list was moderated.
So, I appreciate the impulse of the exec. committee.
However,
3. The only response I've received to one of my contributions to this
thread was through private back-channel, not via the list. I suspect
that may be due to the list change.
Still,
4. I'm not sure anyone would have found this private exchange all that
edifying and am sure most list members would have found it a waste of
time to read.
In addition,
5. In carrying on a private conversation with someone from the list,
the possibility of interacting more closely with someone on the list
opened up.
So, I'd suggest that its tough to be dogmatic about what position the
exec. committee and/or the membership should take on this topic.